Where we work
Our annual report
Take part in our Hunger Heroes programme and fundraise for those living in extreme poverty!
Our Hunger Heroes programme focuses on the second UN Sustainable Development Goal, tackling hunger. It consists of a series of lesson plans, case studies and classroom activities that have been uniquely tailored for senior primary school students (KS2) around the themes of food wastage and climate change.
Why should you take part in Hunger Heroes and become a Super School?
- When you sign up, we will send you out you very own Hunger Heroes pack, which includes a 12 page booklet with interactive lesson plans, country fact files, stickers, and everything you need to teach your class about climate change, food wastage and world hunger.
- Raise vital funds for families living in extreme poverty by holding a Hunger Hero fundraiser on World Food Day, and join with us in the fight against world hunger.
- Each student who raises money will receive a certificate declaring them a Hunger Hero! Each school that participates will receive a certificate declaring them a Super School!
- Develop your class’s numeracy, literacy and critical thinking skills by utilising our interactive resources.
- You will have an opportunity to learn about Concern Worldwide’s lifesaving work around the globe, and how we support the world’s poorest.
- It is specifically tailored to the Northern Ireland curriculum, looking at ‘the world around us’, strands 1-4.
Interested in your school taking part in the Hunger Heroes programme?
Find out more about Hunger Heroes
When should schools take part?
We are asking schools to take direct action in hunger by taking part in our Hunger Heroes programme on World Food Day (October 15, 2021). It’s a fantastic opportunity to fundraise for the world’s poorest people while learning about these incredibly important global issues.
Remember: every challenge undertaken, every cake sold and every penny donated takes us one step closer to ending extreme poverty.
Don't just take our word for it
“Engaging with Concern has been a great experience thus far and I am really looking forward to taking part in the Hunger Heroes programme in 2020. The fabulous interactive lesson plans will really act as an aid to teaching my class about the world around us”
Other ways to help
Give a one-off, or a monthly, donation today.
From mountain trekking to marathon running, join us for one of our many exciting outdoor events!
With an extensive range of alternative gifts, we have something to suit everybody.
Leave the world a better place with a life-changing legacy.
We partner with a range of organisations that share our passion and the results have been fantastic.
Raise money for Concern by organising your own charity fundraising event.