Concern Worldwide (UK) is a Company Limited By Guarantee And Not Having A Share Capital (Registered in England and Wales with registered number 4323646) which has been granted Charitable Status by The Charity Commission for England and Wales (Registered Number 1092236) and The Office of The Scottish Charity Regulator (Registered Number SCO38107). The Registered Offices of Concern Worldwide (UK) are 13/14 Calico House, Plantation Wharf, London, SW11 3TN. Concern Worldwide (UK) is a subsidiary organisation of Concern Worldwide an Irish Registered Charity.
Primary school debates
Primary school debates
Debating is fun, noisy and a great way of airing different points of view! Last year, over 400 primary schools were involved in debates nationwide. Here’s how your school can get involved.
How will students benefit?
- Learn to speak in public and in front of their peers
- Develop cognitive and language abilities, as well as skills in research and debating
- Gain a deeper understanding of the global issues affecting millions of people
- Receive a certificate of participation.
Check out students from Light of Christ N.S, Dunmore East and Scoil Mhuire N.S Gowran speaking about how they enjoyed taking part in the Concern Primary Debates.
Debates Motions 2017-2018
- To tackle climate change, all people should be vegetarians
- Children under 14 should not be allowed on social media
- Ireland should give more money in aid to poor countries
- Advertising on children’s’ TV should be outlawed
- The voting age should be lowered to 16
- Child labour in the developing world is a necessity of life
- Single-sex schools are better than mixed schools
- Young people today do not care about the problems of the developing world
- Teachers should be replaced by computers
- People should be fined for not recycling
- The Goal to end world hunger will be achieved by 2030
- Ireland is the best country in the world to live
Unsure how to get your team started and what adjudicators will be looking for? Use our handy training video here in conjunction with the marking sheet to help students understand the rules and regulations while also learning how to form a speech.
Check out a full-length video of the Kilkenny/ Waterford regional final and what a Concern Primary Debate entails!