Hunger crisis appeal
For families already facing extreme poverty, hunger could become more deadly than the virus itself.
A global recession triggered by the pandemic could leave over half a billion people without sufficient food. Mothers like Sameera* and their babies shouldn't have to live with hunger and the damage it does. We urgently need your help to deliver vital life-saving food to families like Sameera and Halima's*.
7 ways Concern helps mothers like Sameera & their babies
- Helps to provide care and nutrition to pregnant mums
- Makes sure mums living in extreme poverty can give birth safely
- Provides breastfeeding support to new mums so their babies receive good nutrition during their first 6 months and beyond
- Help parents to grow fruit and vegetables full of vitamins for their children
- Malnutrition too often affects vulnerable communities – we supply emergency food for malnourished children
- Access to clean water is essential for healthy children – we make sure they can drink safely
- Train families in building livelihoods so they can have a sustainable income
*names have been changed to protect the identity of individuals
Our impact in 2020
extremely vulnerable people supported in 78 emergencies
people reached through our health interventions
people reached, in 23 of the world's poorest countries