Where we work
Our annual report
Volunteering in our Concern Shops can be very rewarding. It doesn’t matter how much time you have to offer, but by contributing a morning or afternoon each week, you would make a real difference to the lives of people living in extreme poverty.
By volunteering, not only will you help raise valuable funds for Concern’s work, but you will also build new friendships, learn new skills and have some great fun!
Contact us Volunteer in Shops
Who can be a shop volunteer?
- Anyone from the age of 18 upwards
- Retired people – many of our volunteers are retired and wouldn’t miss their shift in the shop!
- Job seekers who are looking for work experience or retail skills
- Someone who has extra time on their hands and wants to get active
- Someone who wants to get back out into the workplace, often after an illness, bringing up a family or caring for a loved one
What might I be doing?
- Operating the till and offering great customer service
- Tidying and maintaining the shop floor
- Preparing stock for the shop floor
- Receiving stock donations
- Window displays
- Sorting and pricing stock
What skills and experience do I need?
You don’t need any retail experience, we can give you all the training you need. But it might be helpful if you:
- Enjoy chatting and helping others
- Have a desire to make a difference to those who need our help
- Have an interest in charity retailing
What are the benefits of being a shop volunteer?
- Learning new skills or use your existing skills to help others
- Meeting new people and having fun
- Enjoyment of interacting with customers, donors and colleagues
- Grow your self-confidence
Other ways to help
Give a one-off, or a monthly, donation today.
From mountain trekking to marathon running, join us for one of our many exciting outdoor events!
With an extensive range of alternative gifts, we have something to suit everybody.
Leave the world a better place with a life-changing legacy.
We partner with a range of organisations that share our passion and the results have been fantastic.
Raise money for Concern by organising your own charity fundraising event.