- £50 could provide 14-day emergency food supplies to two families
- £77 could provide a family with everything they need to build a vegetable garden to grow their own nutritious food
Where we work
Our annual report
Concern Worldwide (UK)’s work tackling hunger among some of the world’s poorest communities would be impossible without the compassion and generosity of our supporters. We are committed to being fully accountable to you in how we maximise the impact of your donations.
In 2019 Concern reached approximately 28 million people in 24 of the world’s poorest countries.
Over 80p in every pound goes directly to support our overseas programmes and we work hard to make sure we achieve as much as possible with the charity funds we receive.
Programme effectiveness and transparency
We aim to achieve the highest standards of effectiveness and transparency across all our programmes and measure this against a number of internationally recognised codes and standards. For example:
- Concern has been fully certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability, which sets out nine commitments for humanitarian organisations to measure and improve the effectiveness of their programmes.
- We adhere to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief, which seeks to maintain high standards of behaviour among aid agencies providing disaster relief.
- We also publish full details of all relevant UK funding to the IATI (International Aid Transparency Initiative) standard. This is a global initiative to improve the transparency of development and humanitarian programmes and their results.
You can find out more about the standards we adhere to here and our Supporter Promise, which sets out the standards we adhere to in how we fundraise.
If you'd like to know more about how and where our money is spent, you can read our latest annual report.
Annual Report 2019
Concern Worldwide (UK) Annual Report 2019|PDF(14 MB)
Highest accountability standards
In our work, we're dedicated to following the best charity codes and policies, from how we deal with emergencies to how we fundraise. We believe that charities have to be accountable, transparent and effective.
Our accounts are prepared annually in accordance with the Charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice) standard of accountability and transparency.
Core Humanitarian Standard
Concern Worldwide has been helping to transform lives of the world's poorest people since 1968. We won’t stop until poverty does.
Do you have a question about how our money is spent?
How money is spent
Other ways to help
We partner with a range of organisations that share our passion and the results have been fantastic.