Where we work
Our annual report
A combination of conflict, poverty and devastating climate disasters means that the world’s poorest people often struggle to feed themselves and their families.
And that’s where we come in. We advocate for changes to policies and practices that can bring about positive and sustainable change for the world’s most vulnerable communities.
The world has made huge strides towards eliminating famine and hunger. In the last two decades, the number of hungry people in the world has declined by over 200 million. Yet progress has slowed in recent years owing to an increase in violent conflict and the impacts of climate change. As a result, malnutrition continues to be the world’s number one health risk. We believe collective action in three key areas will help break the vicious cycle of hunger and poverty:
Addressing the impacts and causes of undernutrition by ensuring that vulnerable people, particularly children, get a balanced diet. This saves lives and increase children’s prospects of a healthy and productive life.
We use our experience on the ground in more than 20 countries worldwide to influence the policies and practices that shape the lives of the world’s poorest people. Our advocacy work involves:
- Sharing experience and learning about what works from our programmes on the ground with policy makers
- Undertaking policy research and analysis
- Engaging with and influencing the UK Government, the UN and other key international actors
- Working in coalition with other like-minded organisations to deliver change
- Engaging Members of Parliament in discussions about changes we need to see
- Publicly and privately holding the UK government to account for its commitments
- Running campaigns to engage the public on issues and using their power to call for change
Research and reports
Other ways to help
Give a one-off, or a monthly, donation today.
From mountain trekking to marathon running, join us for one of our many exciting outdoor events!
With an extensive range of alternative gifts, we have something to suit everybody.
Leave the world a better place with a life-changing legacy.
We partner with a range of organisations that share our passion and the results have been fantastic.
Raise money for Concern by organising your own charity fundraising event.