DEC Coronavirus Appeal
Help India’s most vulnerable communities as they face a devastating coronavirus surge.
In India, a second wave of coronavirus is having a devastating impact. With hospitals overrun and oxygen supplies falling short of demand, thousands of people are not able to receive potentially life-saving treatment.
DEC charities are responding to the crisis by providing medical supplies, treatment facilities and logistics support to overwhelmed health services.
Concern Worldwide does not work in India and we will not be responding to the Coronavirus crisis unfolding there. However, as a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) we are supporting its appeal that will assist vulnerable communities in India. All donations we receive will be passed directly onto the DEC to support other member agencies’ critical work.
DEC charities will be supporting India’s health system by:
- providing PPE, disinfection kits, medical supplies and ambulances
- setting up of temporary Covid-19 hospitals and care centres
- providing ventilators and oxygen concentrators to the Indian government
- setting up handwashing stations and distributing soap, sanitiser and masks
- ensuring families get enough food to prevent malnutrition, particularly amongst children, by distributing food and care packs to people in isolation; providing cash, vouchers and dry rations; providing livelihoods training and cash for work
With your help, DEC members can do more to help the most vulnerable communities as they face a life-or-death situation. Please donate now.