Where we work
Our annual report
Democratic Republic of Congo facing one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises in 2018
The Democratic Republic of Congo is facing one of the world’s most urgent humanitarian crises this year, Concern Worldwide has today warned.
- 13 million people in need of aid
- 2 million children at risk of severe acute malnutrition
- 4.3 million people displaced by ongoing conflict
- Cholera outbreak has killed over 1,200 people
- Safe access and more funding urgently needed. Response so far “extremely slow”
The international humanitarian aid agency is highlighting the worsening conditions in DRC, where 13 million people need aid, including 4.3 million made homeless due to conflict and 7.7 million suffering from acute hunger.
Shocking figures from the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) also reveal that there are two million children in DRC at risk of severe acute malnutrition – a fatal condition if they are untreated.